Wednesday, August 7, 2013

“My Father Was My Best Friend” – Gov Babatunde Fashola Expresses His Pain Over Fathers Death



Fashola spoke shortly after the burial of his father at the Vaults and Garden Cemetery, Ikoyi, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria on Tuesday.
“This was a painful way for us. As for my father, I think that for all of us his children, he was first and foremost our friend, he was our best friend, so that is what we will miss really; our father was a very loving friend who allowed us to be the best that we could, he allowed us to be what we want to be, guiding and nudging, but never discriminated and that’s why he had children that were Christians, Muslims, children who were Europeans, children who are married across all Nigeria. I think these have fully captured his life.
“I doubt that if there is any person who did not have enemies, it must be my father because he just got on with life, he didn’t discriminate in any position he found himself; good, comfortable, painful, he just got on, I learnt so many things from him and most of these things is who I am today and who I try to be and I hope that I can be as rounded in integrity, humble in his attitude to life and fully committed in all situations as he was,” he stated.
Fashola said if his father would have had a choice, he would not have chosen the month of Ramadan to die, but was grateful to God that he lived a fulfilled life.
“He died in the month of Ramadan, he died on the night of Majesty. We had just finished “Lallatu quadri” prayers in Mecca, and for me, God is great because if God gave him the opportunity to choose how he would go, and when, he couldn’t have chosen the day he went, it was such a great time. We thank God,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment

ads

FOR YOUR ADVERT PLACEMENT, WEBSITE DESIGN AND
BULK SMS, CONTACT US AT tjdonzylex@gmail.com OR CALL 08134606706, 08028015578